Cloud Computing now a day has risen highly. So the demand for cloud service has also risen. And in the market, only the three most popular companies are competing in cloud AWS vs Azure vs Google. We will be comparing three of them in this blog. So let’s go.
What is a Cloud Platform?
A cloud platform means a system operating system and hardware by a server in an online data centre. Allows software and hardware products to existing remotely and to a degree.
Here the companies like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud provide us with the option to buy storage in those clouds.
So more high hardware configured storage we will buy more high intensive programs that will run fast on the web. And this Cloud Platforms just provide this cloud computing.
Features of Cloud
- Resource fetching: The Stored data in the clouds could be fetched by anyone in the world with just some simple clicks. Also, these Cloud Platforms provide service to multiple customers for which they can give a solution according to their need.
- Cost-effective: These cloud storages are really cheap than setting up our own servers or storage. here you also need to pay according to your needs.
- No maintenance: These cloud platforms are from top brands and they have their own servers which are maintained by them. So we need not have any tension about maintaining the uptime of the server.
- Availability: The storages are available in large amounts for which we can exclude or include features to reduce our cost.
- Security: These brands compared in this blog maintain their own data. They have very strong security and you need not take any tension regarding security.
- Uptime: It the percentage of time that the cloud keeps itself connected to the internet. Without any speed loss.
Let us compare AWS vs Azure vs Google.
AWS(Amazon Web Service)
Amazon Web Service is the most popular cloud platform now. This is provided by the parent company Amazon. An American company whose CEO is Jeff Bezos (Among the world’s top 3 richest people). Also, AWS is among the oldest cloud service platform.
This Company provides the most reliable and flexible cloud storage. It provides users to choose between the different Application programs, Programming language, database, Operating system.
AWS was started in 2000 for sunning their own e-commerce stores. And later in 2006, it started selling its own web services. Also, this company has the widest customer base of more than 1 million users. Some big companies using AWS are NETFLIX, NASA, Lamborgini, Philips etc.
Features of AWS:
- Computing: AWS has tons of options and variations in the place of computing. From High hardware configuration to minimal with other components flexibility.
- Storage: This the main function of the cloud to store data here also it is one of the best among others. By giving multiple options in storage.
- Database: Again many database options are available.
- Migration Transfer: When you move your storage to another platform.
- Network Content delivery: It is a group of servers located geographically at different places that work together to speed up websites.
- Developer Tools: Extra tools provided especially for developers (like some programming language integration).
- Media Service: Serve media like video or audio.
- Security, Identity, and Compliance: provides security to your cloud data.
- Analytics: Gives reports of your data usage and manipulation.
- AI/ML: Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning integration.
- Mobile Services: Gives services on mobile as well.
- AR/VR: Augmented Reality and Virtual reality processing integration.
- Application Integration: this enables software or programs to run on the cloud independently.
- Game Development: developing and rendering of games on the cloud.
- Customer Engagement: Engagement of customers allows customers to allow usage of the cloud.
- End-User Computing: This allows non-programmer users to create programs.
- Blockchain: Collection of information on the group.
- Robotics: Automation on humanoid machines processing can be performed in the cloud.
AWS Pros And Cons
- Easy to use: This Cloud platform has all things easy to access. No complications are there.
- Pay As You Go: AWS provides pay as you go which means that you need to pay only for the features you use.
- Speed: The AWS cloud is among the fastest storage on the web. Which has very few speed issues.
- No Limits: The companies which take this cloud storage have the flexibility to upgrade or downgrade the storage capacity in the cloud.
- Uptime: In addition, it has 99.9% uptime.
- Amazon EC2 has its limitations: This means although it has the option to upgrade at any time. It has certain conditions and availability depends on your region.
- Cloud computing glitches: In some of the cloud computing cases it has recorded in the past of users facing glitches. Although it is not a deal breaching though you must check if you are planning to buy for a particular reason.
- Technical Support Fee: The AWS charges you for Technical Support. There are three options for Enterprise, Business, Developer.
Azure is a Cloud computing platform by Microsoft. These platforms got to be popular very fast. Initially, it was released in the year 2010 and gain its popularity within few years.
This is a reliable source for cloud storage. It has a variety of products such as Virtual Machines(VM), Mobile Services, Web Apps, Storage, Data Service, and much more.
This supports operating system only LINUX and Windows. Its offering includes databases for data management, high performance, good computing, great networking.
It is widely used across different industries for creating solutions for business, education, transportation, and many others. Currently, It has about 1.04 million users.
Features Of Azure
- High Computing: This Platform also provides High Computing speeds.
- Storage: It also has great plans for storages.
- Development and testing: The features testing or the beta features are avaliable.
- Developers Operation: Extra tools provided especially for developers (like some programming language integration).
- E-commerce: the availability of setting up E-commerce sites are available (for example Woo-commerce tools are available)
- Game Development on the cloud: developing and rendering of games on the cloud.
- Low code application development on Azure: Development of application with minimal codes.
- Serverless computing: Some of the computing is done without performing on the server.
- Messaging services on Azure: Messaging service for example OTP or auto replying BOTs.
- AI: Artificial Intelligence integration.
- .NET apps migration: Transfer of .net apps and programs.
- Open-source database migration: Migration of database to any cloud database module.
- Blockchain: Collection of information on the group.
- Backup and disaster recovery: In addition, it provides back up in any loss.
Azure Pros And Cons
- High Uptime and availability: Microsoft Azure has very few downtime servers. It has maintained high-speed computing Servers even for those who are using Budget plans. Uptime of 99.95% in 2020.
- Cost-Effective: Azure kept its budget according to IT companies and its Pay as you go is also very good.
- Data Security: Azure provides the most effective cloud security among others on the web.
- Complexity: Azure as it is new, unlike AWS it has much complexity. It needs to work on serving a more simple interface.
- Requires Management: The Azure Cloud servers need to be monitored for performance analytics.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
This a cloud platform by Google which is new in the market. This platform is gaining popularity in the market quite well.
The biggest strength of the Google cloud platform is that it offers features that Amazon’s web services don’t.
I will tell you about its features, pricing, and what kind of companies this can be useful for. It has 38 million websites hosted on it.
Google cloud platform is one of its kinds. Firstly, it has been in the cloud area for a pretty long time now and it is one of the best in the business. It caters to small developers with its free plan to large scale enterprise solutions with its paid plans.
No other company has been as successful as Google is becoming a single-stop shop for every enterprise solution. Google cloud platform brings their expert knowledge of delivering enterprise solutions under one roof at your doorstep.
Many companies like Hero, Wipro, Twitter, Paypal, HDFC bank etc is using GCP
Features Of GCP
- Infrastructure modernization: Great infrastructure for datacentres.
- Databases: Migrate, manage, use any kind of tools in the database.
- Application Modernization: An advanced algorithm to run applications, unlike others that use a user code base.
- Smart Analytics: Data of users interacting with your data (for example counting of page view on the website).
- AI and ML: Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning integration.
- Security: provides security to your cloud data.
- Business Application Platform: this enables business software or programs to run on the cloud independently (for example woo-commerce).
- Gaming: developing and rendering of games on the cloud.
- Financial service: Any financial tools are available( for example setup of Payment gateway).
- Public Sector: public data sourcing.
- Manufacturing tools: Tools for manufacturing tools.
Google Cloud Platform Pros And Cons
- Good pricing: This platform has great competitive pricing. This makes it outstanding among others.
- Great Documentation: Google.com is always amazing in documenting here it has 100 pages of Documentation.
- Different Storage classes for different requirements.
- High support Fees: The support fees are quite high considering it is a google product.
- Less stable SDKs: The SDKs are less stable than AWS.
|Service Legal Agreement||99.5% uptime annually.||99.9% uptime annually.||99.95% uptime monthly.|
|VM supported OS||Cloud Linux, Windows, SLES, Ubuntu, Core OS, etc.||Windows, CentOS, Oracle Linux, SLES, etc..|
Windows, FreeBSD, SLES, CoreOS, etc.
|Maximum storage in Virtual Machines||3904 Gigabyte.||3800 Gigabyte.||1433 Gigabyte.|
|Recovery||Disaster recovery.||Site Recovery.|
|RDBMS||AWS own RDBMS.||SQL Database.||GCP SQL.|
Firstly, all three are good options for cloud storages and all of them has different perspectives. Like If your most priority is getting good service at any cost then AWS is for you.
If you are on to VMs then Azure will be best especially after this competitive pricing. If you are a beginning or small business or enterprise then GCP will be best. In conclusion, Hope you got your answer against AWS vs Azure vs Google Cloud.
Firstly, Cloud storage options often appear to be very similar and it’s hard to choose from the good, bad and ugly. With the market growing so quickly you can easily get lost in technological advances
And lose sight of what is important to you as a business user. Sadly most storage comparison sites don’t focus on the business user. In addition, they focus on features, confusing acronyms, and “gurus”.
Similarly, Pontificating their favorite technology without actually testing against real business requirements. The net result: cloud provider marketing gone wild!. Completing AWS vs Azure vs Google.